The Sufferings of Young Drakos.

I received a rather interesting voicemail, so I've decided I'm probably going to get rid of the little widget entirely. I went ahead and made the message public, so until I decide to scrap the whole thing, feel free to listen to it. For weeks I waited for someone to leave me an inspirational message that would turn my life around. Weeks. And then this.

In truth, my main problem with the thing is I can't really change the formatting of it and nothing brings me as much pleasure as being able to tweak HTML for hours resulting in barely noticeable changes. So it goes.

My brother has been toying with my emotions as of late, with his constant "reconsidering." First he found a place to stay here in Boulder until the summer, then he was staying here till the summer, then he going home until July, then he was moving to The New North Boulder. Now it appears he is staying through March and then going back to Maryland, tying up his loose ends and then moving out here to be my roommate in August. I'm alright with this, as the two bedroom apartment I made him apply for is pretty sweet and will save me some money (which will go straight towards this baby). Also I'm much happier having the company, even if I approach life from my illogical commie-fascist perspective, and he from his cogently-formed humanism. I feel like his presence creates a certain balance in my universe, and in this new apartment I'd have not only my own bed and bath, but it's on it's own floor. So anyway, he still has to be offered the lease and then sign it, so nothing is written in stone yet, and as March has several weeks ahead of us who knows what his plan will turn out to be. What I am sure of though, is that this is a bad season for apples.

What else have I been doing... well, I got a job for summer, which basically involves me collecting donations to help lower Colorado emissions to lessen the coming tragedies caused by global warming. I don't know all the facts yet, but apparently the rising temperatures are decreasing the Colorado snow-pack (although you wouldn't know it from this season) which is where we get the majority of our drinking water. Not to mention that the ski industry that more or less drives the state's economy will suffer greatly from this. Granted it's not going to be nearly as devastating as what global warming supposedly is causing in Bolivia. But still it's a cause worth putting my efforts into, especially when my other option is working at Pharmaca full-time again.

Finally, I've begun to work on my semester research paper, which will take all of my cunning. So I'm pretty sure my plan is to abandon thoughts of coming home for Spring break, and using that time to pool sources, put together an extensive outline, and write a big chunk of the thing, so that in April I'll only have a few hours of writing on top of my regular work load. Right now I'm leaning towards doing a way in-depth analysis of the sex scene from book two of Apuleius' The Golden Ass, which was by far the most memorable part in the first half of the work (which was the half I actually bothered to read years ago in Roman Lit). Is there twenty pages in it? In the hands of a skilled writer definitely. We'll see if I can somehow manage 18.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?