Double your Drakos, Double your Fun.

So my brother hopped a train to Chicago yesterday, and after a week or so of dicking around there he will be joining me here in Boulder. Now for those of you who don't know my brother, he's pretty much the wind beneath my wings, my inspiration, and a total eclipse of the heart... well maybe that's a step too far, but anyway I'm excited for his arrival. And in truth this isn't just a vacation, it's an audition. If I can tidy up this city enough before he gets here he might decided to move out here in the summer, and then we can get a bungalow in the foothills and settle down to the business of training our army of clones. So the downside to this whole thing is I'll be sharing my one bedroom with him for at least until mid-March, when he finally decides he's graced me with his presents long enough. This will infringe upon my lifestyle in few key ways:

One - My couch will now be his bed, and no longer my night-time fort. Granted I could still lay on the carpet in front of the couch with blankets and pillows in piles, in a room lit only by fiber optic lamps, listening to Parachutes, but without the cushions to fortify me it's useless! Now that I think of it, that does actually sound like a really awesome thing to do. I ought to get this fort in action tonight.

Two - I'll actually have to shut my bedroom door, which is something I have only a handful of times here, whenever I want to have an intimate moment with a certain special someone. Also I've always had a lingering fear of my brother coming into my room in the night and pretending to be a murderer. I went ahead and installed a lock on my bedroom door to prevent this from happening, but still, now when I get up in the night for an improvised "4th Meal" or something, I'll have to unchain the bolt. Yes, I bought a chain bolt, as it was the easiest option without removing the knob or lowering my privacy standards.

Three - This one ties back into One a bit. Recently, I've taken to watching the Wii News Slideshow in the morning. I find the music soothing, and I can get a glimpse of the headlines news while I stir up my instant breakfast. The problem is, I've kinda of added this to a portion of my morning routine when I haven't yet.. dressed for success we should say. My brother may not have much of a problem with it, but I do.

But besides these minor details, I'm excited to be getting Drakos the Elder added to the team. Hopefully this will lead to a post where I've actually done something worth speaking of, or at the very least one that is quite as emo as many up to the point have been.


On an unrelated topic, I'm hoping to get back into putting pictures into these entries, but it's hard to describe just how shitty the weather is right now. As I'm not supposed to have my camera anywhere near moisture it's been pretty much stuck on the shelf. With any luck we're on the tail end of the constant snow and cold, and those outrageous plowed snowpiles will melt away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?