Voicemail Tutorial.

So you'll notice that on the right column is a new-fangled voice mailbox. I've decided to try out the free service and see if I can find an actual use for it. Here's how it works:

If for some reason you'd like to leave me an audio comment on any of my posts, or just leave me a nice message, go ahead and click on the link below the message box and you'll be taking to a Javascript page that will let you record up to a two minute message. If I had paid $45 annually I could have gotten up to 30 minute service, but why would I do that, seriously? When you get to the MyChingo Audio Recorder Page either put your name, or whatever you want the message to be called in for Your Name, and then an Email address. It needs a valid one, but if your weird about it I'm sure you can just use dumpas.p.willenburger@schmumpty.net or the like. Also write in the Optional Text block whether you'd like the message to be PUBLIC or PRIVATE. If it's public it will appear in the inbox on my blog, if private I'll still be able to download it to my iPod and listen to it repeat over and over, so that I can have your sweet nothings whispered into my ear all night long.

So once you've perfected your message and sent it to me I'll be able to listen to it, make it public (as they all default to private at first), download it or delete it. So here's the deal: The only reasons I'd think you should leave a message here rather than on my cell phone are either, if I hate you and you don't have my number, or you leave a message so humorous that I want to keep it forever. It's a heck of alot easier to keep these messages as mp3s than it is to some how get them off my cell phone. Just think of all the nice messages I can play for the media and discredit you during your future presidential race.

You can get to the post again easily by click on the Need an Explanation link, so if you forget how to do this, as thick as that would make you, even after it falls off the main page this post will be waiting. Also if your interested in getting one of these for your own page check out MyChingo.com which will soon be taken over by Mobasoft.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Glaukôpis said...

I knew it! You hate me!

Well! You don't have mine either! So Nyeh!

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?