My Triumphant Return: Hiatus.

To put it all lightly, I made a horrible mistake. And because of it, I'm stranded, cold, alone, and more than likely will be forced to go to work.

I'd say if it's snowy enough to cancel my flight, I'd think it'd go without saying that some fuck-off yuppie pharmacy should close it's goddamn doors.



This whole situation does not bode well for my alcoholism. I don't know when I'll be able to make it home, but I'm damn sure not going to go live at the airport for a few days, plus the buses have failed me.

Will I be back for New Years? Maybe. Probably have to quit my job cause they're going to be anti me changing my holiday hours now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Ugh. I took a flight that was going to Denver via D.C. (where I got off, obviously) and thought of you. Then I heard the news when I got out of the airport and thought, "Oh boy, I hope Drakos went home before then." I also thought, "Haha, I bet my flight didn't actually make it to Denver." I also noticed Boulder had the highest snowfall on the list the news was showing.

And if I'd booked my flight a day later, I would have been delayed a day or so (though not stranded) because of fog. I'm ridiculously glad I got home when I did!

How's the snow looking, though? Any chance you'll make it back for part of the holidays, at least?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Drakos! said...

Since so many flights were canceled and there were people actually at the airport waiting to be on the first flights out today, I won't be back for Christmas. However, once the lines at frontier are open I'll be able to reschedule. if I plan to come back 12/30 I'll only be abandoning two shifts I've had been scheduled for since October. Maybe then I won't have to quit.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Hope you make it back then! Good luck! And safe flight when you get to it!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?