Thanks be to Turkey? (or Cod rather).

Hard to believe it's been a year since I had my hand up a turkey's gully-hole getting it ready for the oven. Ahh, those were good times. "We don't need to buy gravy, we can just buy flour and make it ourselves." Yeah.. that worked really well... gross. Sigh... sooo much mashed potatoes. Anyways, so another Thanksgiving has come and gone, but this time I managed to get myself invited to a vegetarian dinner. Although it was depressing to not to have a large dead bird, and a sauce made of it's guts poured over everything, I'd say I still stuffed myself quite full. One thing that the people of Boulder have taught me is that anyone who would dare harm an animal must be killed and cooked and eaten, post haste (satire). Except fish. They don't count as animals. Farm Fresh Cod. I don't know how fresh though, there aren't many cod farms around the mountains.


There was less.. death than last year.

I got away with not cooking, and my gift of Wild Oats brand Italian soda and mineral water was declared a smashing beverage success. Also we watched the hilarious Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, which include a riveting two minute fight scene between Snoopy and a folding chair. I'll leave it up to you to decide how sarcastic I meant that to be. So, all and all a good Thanksgiving, but it would have been nice to have some actual time off. As Thursday is my usual day off, I still ended up with forty hours this week, which pretty much always makes me want to die. So what am I thankful for this holiday? I'm thankful that I have the will power to work for a mild psychotic who harasses me, in every derogatory sense of the word, and had the audacity to say "retail is detail" constantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?