My Triumphant Return: Booking the Flight.

On Friday my boss approached me and one of the other new cashiers and asked "So do both of you really intend to work all through the holidays? Or are you both neglecting to tell me of your time off request?" As I've never held a job for more than three months at the most, concepts such as giving two months notice for holiday vacation time are somewhat foreign to me. First of all, wtf: we get our schedules two weeks ahead of time, god knows what sort of hours I'll be working in two months. Second of all wtf: I'd say the likelihood of me even still being employed by Pharmaca in two months is iffy at best. Third of all wtf: people do things during the week of Christmas? I can't wait until I re-enter the educational system, and then never leave again, so I'll always have that winter and summer vacation to look forward to. Seriously, when I think of the possibility of having to work 40 hours a week with no definite seasonal vacation time, it makes me pretty much want to kill everybody everywhere (Be sure to vote for me and my "Everybody Must Die" campaign in the 2024 election). I kid, of course, I just think the thought is scary. Anyway, after working out my hours at the fairly reasonable demands of boss, I went ahead and booked a flight, to avoid anymore price hikes.

So today I'd like to announce that I will be making my triumphant return to Maryland from Friday the 22nd to Tuesday the 26th. That's five full days, so if you want to see me, you'd damn well better get in line and make an appointment. Sigh... and with that statement I have now become that which I despise. Well, I'd say let's begin the countdown at 1 month, 22 days.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a bike, no excuses.

7:48 PM  
Blogger -MD said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TznY7LuQ-U

11:31 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

I'll be back starting the 20th of Dec and might stay a bit longer.

And having worked retail during the holidays, my advice is get out of there as fast as you can.

But yes, they do need early notice for Christmas especially, b/c everyone wants off at the same time, so it's harder to make the schedules than the usual two weeks' notice.

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i guess since you'll be here anyway, and i'd hate to hear you whining about it, yes, you can go ahead and buy me dinner sometime while you're back.
jeez, the things i do for you...

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?