The First Snow.

I really should start carrying my camera around with me more. Monday night it rained continuously, something that rarely happens here, and during the night it turned to sleet I believe. There was nothing left on the ground in the morning, but when the morning fog lifted the mountains were covered in snow. It's a funny thing to see snow right there, no more than a mile away when everything around you is still green and autumn-like. By the time I got off work on Tuesday the clouds had all gone and the snow had all melted, and today it was back to the high 6os again. Apparently the only thing stranger than the weather around the Chesapeake Bay Watershed, is this mountain valley weather.

Best Wishes from a mile above.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glaukôpis said...

I have really mixed feelings about the whole camera thing. I realize I now live in a tourist town (whereas in MD, while I was close to a tourist town, I didn't actually spend much of my time in D.C. And, honestly, who "visits" CP or Gaith? ::snerk::). And this literally means tons of stupid Japanese tourists (I can say this--I'm half Japanese!)--with their stupid cameras--squating down on the ground in such a manner that even I, in my 4'10" of glory, can almost not see them and trip over them.

Honestly now. It's a road/sidewalk. People drive/walk on it. GET OFF THE DAMN FLOOR.

On the other hand, Cambridge is a ridiculously beautiful place, and I'd like to snap some pictures of it myself at some point. Just now, y'know, FROM THE DAMN FLOOR.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?