Old Navy Gripes and The Red Rocks Trail.

So I'm going to say that I've just about had it with the real world. I am of course not referring to the occasionally humorous and consistently horrifying show on MTV, but am in fact talking about my sordid excuse for a life. Apparently it only takes but two 6:00am shifts to complete break my spirit. I've found myself saying "I'd rather starve than get up at 4:30" on a number of occasions in the last two days. Here are the problems you might see with that:

-You do not need an hour and a half to get ready for work.

-Your entire livelihood is not riding on a part-time job at Old Navy.

-You're not in the real world, people there don't shop at Wild Oats Organic Market.

Well my responses are, yes I do, I realize that, and don't diss the Oats. So as I refuse to work 6am, they'll be cutting back my hours. No big whoop I suppose. At the end of the month I'll still pay my rent, and my bills, it's just becoming less and less likely that I'll have any savings by the time I start taking classes, but then I suppose that was never really the point. I'm just going to explode if I watch one more video or read one more training manual that mentions integrity, you be you, or zero mean zero. Now, as I must be heading to bed soon, it's almost my bedtime (eight fucking thirty), and I have one more six am tomorrow, I'll get to my second topic.

On Sunday I decided to go for a walk towards the mountains. The thing about Boulder though, is which mountain do you aim for, you have a whole mess of front range to choose from. Naturally I chose to just walk west down Pearl until I either got tired and gave up, or reached a mountain of sorts. Turns out it's maybe about a twenty minute walk to the something and such park that had access to the Red Rocks trail which led me to the peak of the smallest of the mountains visible (when not obscured by trees or buildings). Here I found a breath-taking view of Boulder, of which I've more or less given you below. It's not the best picture of the city, I opted to use the shot taken as I balanced atop the honest to god Red Rock atop the mountain (more of a hill when compared to Mt. Vesuvius or the Rockies).


That was a plus, as I'm more scared of heights than I am of the crazy antics those harlots and johns on The Real World. But I saw cacti up there! Naturally growing! That's new for me. Also I believe I found the drainage ditch that leads to one of the two creeks near my place. This is exciting for me in an existential way (I understand the philosophy perfectly know that I've seen I heart Huckabees), it's nice to see everything is connecting... even the man-made ditch designed to lead rainwater into the reservoir and not into my foundation. Oh, and I saw a chipmunk up there. The end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and then i found five dollars.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?