With a Boulder on My Shoulder.

So I think that settles it. I'm going back to school. It's the only place I can get away with my nonsense and still think I'm better they everyone else because I'm "doing some graduate work." I came out here expecting a romantic experience (as in adventurous) like Italy was. It turns out that there's more to expanding your horizons then just being an absurd amount of miles from home. My point is the differences are all subtle, and for the most part it's the same out here, I just don't have as many friends. So if I'm out here, I might as well be learning instead of sluggishly waiting out the clock everyday at a job that keeps me stuck in a small box on my feet for eight hours doing nothing I find particularly interesting or in anyway consequential.

Besides, am I honestly going to past up the chance to take Apuleius at UCB? I mean come on it's the Golden Ass. Who are you to resist it?

I've had this verse from "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann (lyrics by Bruce Springsteen) suck in my head for a while, for somewhat obvious reasons:

With a boulder on my shoulder,
feeling kinda older,
I tripped the merry-go-round
With this very unpleasin', sneezin' and wheezin,
the calliope crashed to the
ground.

So
there's a explaination for my use of a rhyme in the title, even though I clearly played that note to death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?