The Miss List: #3 The Department

Sigh. Today I finished my last exam, and thus ended my last time having class in the Seminiar Room, smack dab in the middle of the Department of Classics. No longer will I sit through a course in the semi-comfortable blue chairs, many of which sqeak horribly as I lean back in them, while paying close attention (to the ceiling). The next time I walk down that hallway glancing into my professors' cramped, but unique offices it will just be weird. A easily recognizable alumni like myself could never just pass through. I would undoubted be irked by the reoccuring question, "Didn't you graduate? What brings you here?" There are only a few better ways than surprise to tell me I don't belong there anymore. One would be a man in a rocking-chair widdling, shot-gun close at hand.

(Marie Mount Hall - May 2006)

Not that I wouldn't want to visit my former professors and classmates, and most of them would be more than happy to see me again, but I will never feel that same way again (entering cheese mode) ... never will it be.... my home. Go ahead and read that last line again, but read it aloud in a tear-torn voice.

Chuckle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Eh, coordinate with me sometime, and we can wander through around the same time and confuse them and make them think they're a semester off and DENY that we've yet graduated. :-D

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?