The Miss List: #8 Random Tents

Scattered throughout campus it seemed every other week there was some sort of random tent. What were they for? Damned if I know! It could have been anything from a pro-life rally to an Journalism picnic. The important thing was that they always set the friggin' things up days ahead of time so for most of warm months of spring and fall there was at least one tent somewhere on campus.

(Random Tent - May 2006)

Some would say I'm clearly being ridiculous by saying I'd miss something as trivial as a tent, so I'll just go ahead and throw the metaphor card. The tents represent the unexpected things that would occur throughout my day walking on campus. Some days it would be the invitations to participate in bible study, others the random sandwich board holder trying to save the internet (For the sake of impartiality here's the other side of that particular claim). Although Boulder will surely have it activists (hobos), as CP is such a hugh campus here I think they must ship them all in by the busload everyday (that image makes me laugh). So that's what I'll miss! Do you buy it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet so few of those tents offered soup. Why?

4:35 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

The best one was Earth Day, when they were giving out sno cones and COTTON CANDY.

And where the hell've you been?!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?