The Miss List: #9 Plato's Diner

Every semi-urban area that's worth mention is bound to have at least one diner close-by (I can think of three within five minutes or so of my current apartment). On top of that, I know that out of the many diners I have gone to in the last week, most of them were owned and operated by Greeks. Wikipedia has failed to explain exactly the five Ws and an H (lamest phrase ever) of the Greek Diner, so all I can say is that they seem do it pretty well (even though I'll wager a Greek is more likely than most to lose a hair in the mashed potatoes). So cutting to the chase (lame) Plato's Diner was always the default place for food when the frequent indecisiveness set in.

Girlfriend (disambiguation): Where do you wanna eat?

Drakos: Meh.... where ever.

Girlfriend: Plato's then?

Drakos: I dunno... I guess so.

(Plato's Diner - July 2006)

I've been to Plato's countless times (I imagine there are only but a few booths I have not yet sat in), and not once have I ever gotten sick enough to vomit (I wish I could say the same about the Ellicott Diner). So I think that's reason enough to go there. Three times I ran into the same person there, I've been drunk there at both 3pm and 3am, I've gone by myself, I've gone with 9 people... and yet, I still can't figure out what I have to do to get them to bring free bread.

Note: I had a picture of Plato's (and of their soup, which barely would've have recieved a 2 bowl rating) but when my camera was stolen I lost it (along with some incriminating shots involving a certain mascot), so for know make due with the world's scariest cat.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Glaukôpis said...

I dunno. Their French onion soup was terrible. I guess I'm not supposed to order French onion soup at a place called Plato's Diner, though. :-P

Camera stolen? That beyond sucks. Hunt the internet for your incriminating pics! Maybe you can find the bastard!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?