Post-Boulder Grievance #2 & #3

Number 2: I have to drive to do anything here. $67 to fill the tank. In Boulder I could've bought a monthly bus pass for less than that (if I'd had to, which I didn't cause I'm sly like that).

Granted, I wouldn't have burned through a tank so quickly if I hadn't listened to all those audiobooks while driving. They both distracted me, making me miss turns and have to backtrack, and encouraged me to "take the long way home" (Supertramp) so I could finish a chapter.

Columbia has a funny way of making me stretch the limits a bit on what I considered living a decent life. You know, conservation, being healthy, and the like. None of that here.

Which brings me to the third grievance, lack of vegetarian options. I made the mistake of going to a Wendy's the other day, as it is of course the best of the fast food in the area, and thus the only affordable food in the area (outside of my kitchen). Every salad option has chicken, except the side caesar, which has bacon. I swear there were only two meat free foods on the menu, fries cooked in lard, and the microwaved baked potato with chives. It was gross. If I want good food I'll either have to cook it myself, or spend a lot more, in places that are generally closed before 9pm.

In summation: Fuck this shit. ~D

________________________________
Despite it all, March gives me hope for the future.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Enenbach said...

I know! In Boulder I'll bike everywhere, eat carrots and hummus for all my snacks, go for a walk by the creek for entertainment, etc... but as soon as I'm back in Chicago I'm driving everywhere, eating hot dogs, and buying expensive clothes.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?