The Flight of Young Drakos.

Less then 36 hours left till my flight. So time for my final thoughts. Huzzah craigslist, I'd say. Essentially everyone I've met out here is somehow related to a post. Every job as well. Here's an example of one of my posts that didn't work out in the end:
Anyone else love swingsets? - m4mw

Is there anybody else out there like me who never got tired of the swings down at the playground? Hope so. I'm a future grad student looking for a friend to go out to a park with and enjoy the fresh air.

P.S. I was considering calling this post "Calling all Swingers" but I was concerned about the ambiguity.
I got maybe seven responses, but none of them panned out. Oh well. Next Topic...

My Triumphant Return. A phrase that I've thrown around a lot in this blog. Only time will tell if I can live up to that title. I just took a walk around Boulder, and climbed to the top of a parking garage. It gave me a giraffe's-eye view of the city, and a heavy dose of nostalgia. Eaton Humanities, home of the Classics department. The Valmont hump, I tried to climb it but it was covered in fences and coal mines so I gave up and got horribly lost in East Boulder. That wine tasting place that would sell you alcohol on Sunday, despite Colorado liquor law (Easter Sunday even). The Post office, where I once got a job application ("You wanna work at the post office? Really?" the man said, "Alright, fill out this 20 page application. Yep, I know. It's awful.") I could go on, but it's about time I shut down and packed up my computer.

I'll be home in about 24 hours now. So this will be my last post from Boulder. Farewell hippies, farewell free bus-pass, farewell sixty degree weather followed by six inches of snow. Farewell local businesses, farewell wellness conglomerates, farewell wind-powered brewery with organic wheat beer, farewell vegan-friendly gluten-free muffins with flaxseed. Farewell historic frontier architecture. Farewell prairie dogs, mountain lions, black bears and the Wildlands Alliance. Farewell friends, farewell co-workers, farewell horrible managers. Farewell wasted opportunity, farewell mountain adventures. Farewell time zone, farewell rock gardens, farewell overpriced clothing stores.

Farewell, Boulder. But fear not, for I shall return.

~D
_________________
END OF VOLUME ONE

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?