Post-Boulder Grievance #1

I'm pissed off. About libraries. Yeah, that's right.. Libraries. First of all I'm pissed that the libraries here in Maryland aren't nearly as cool as in Boulder. Granted HoCo (Howard County) does have one of the best library systems in the country, so I guess I was just spoiled in... uh... BoCo?


So here's my second and most important gripe. Even though I found my old library card hidden away in a box in my closet it won't do me a bit of good as far as checking out books is concerned. These damn libraries are all high-tech and online now. It's cool that they're modernizing, but it's basically become a system where you visit the website and reserve the book ahead of time, and then when it's finally returned you get a notice to come pick it up. So what that means is that with any book I want, not only do I have to wait for a copy to be returned, I also have to wait in a virtual line behind the other twenty people who all want the same book. Just now, I've recalled that at some point back around 2004 or so, (before the electronic reserve system) I found that the book I wanted was never there, and it was just easier to go to Barnes and Noble. So, why don't I just do that now, you might ask? I can't afford $20 a book.

Thus, only one option remains. Piracy. ~D

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Enenbach said...

Or, you could just go to Barnes and Noble, and, instead of reading girly magazines, just read the book you want to read while you're there. Poof, no more library problems.

But I am of course going to add: 'Nanny nanny boo boo, I still have the Boulder library.'

8:14 AM  
Blogger Drakos! said...

But... I can't read in the bathroom at Barnes and Noble.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?