The Road to Boulder: Effing Arch

I've found a computer at a hotel in Kansas, so I figured I get this entry together. I'll come back and write it for real once I get my computer hooked up in Boulder on Tuesday.

Zounds! Twelve hours in one day is pretty good I'd say. Especially when you do it the next day as well. Ugh.. anyway last night we stayed in the loving truck stop town of Effingham known for it's car show in September and "the big cross on the freeway." The Holiday Inn Express was off of a road called, honest to god, Avenue of Mid America. That sounds like [joke to be added], if you know what I mean, LOL, ROFL, OMGWTFBBQ.


(Effingham, IL - July 2006)


Also, we stopped in St. Louis today to see the arch, which my mother kept calling "the tower." Sigh. It was cool looking I suppose, but there's a horrible heat wave out here right now, and Missouri was 100 degrees. Anyway, the museum below the arch is the "Jefferson Museum of Expansion" which had a talking animatronic minter, indian, black solider, and William Clark, who winked everytime he said anything about the Native Americans like "we gave the Indians metals in exchange for land, and gave them lots to live on." Ahh... America.


(Gateway Arch - July 2006)

More later folks.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ride to the Top?